Verzenio: The only CDK4 & 6 inhibitor that can be taken every day1
One 150-mg tablet twice a day in combination with fulvestrant or an AI
One 200-mg tablet twice a day when taken as a single agent
Can be taken with or without food
Administer until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity
Tablet twice daily
The recommended dose of Verzenio in combination with fulvestrant or an AI is 150 mg twice daily. The recommended dose of Verzenio as a single agent is 200 mg twice daily. When given with Verzenio, the recommended dose of fulvestrant is 500 mg administered on days 1, 15, and 29, and once monthly thereafter. Refer to the full Prescribing Information for fulvestrant. Refer to the full Prescribing Information for the aromatase inhibitor selected.
- Dose Verzenio on a continuous schedule until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity
- If dose reduction is necessary, reduce the Verzenio dose by 50 mg at a time. Discontinue Verzenio for patients unable to tolerate 50 mg twice daily. Dose modification is recommended based on individual safety and tolerability. Please refer to the full prescribing information for dose modification instructions for hematologic toxicities, diarrhea, hepatotoxicity, interstitial lung disease (ILD)/pneumonitis, and other toxicities
- Pre/perimenopausal women treated with the combination of Verzenio plus fulvestrant should be treated with a gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist according to current clinical practice standards
- Instruct patients to take their doses of Verzenio at approximately the same times every day
- If the patient vomits or misses a dose of Verzenio, instruct the patient to take the next dose at its scheduled time
- Instruct patients to swallow Verzenio tablets whole and not to chew, crush, or split tablets before swallowing
- Instruct patients not to ingest Verzenio tablets if broken, cracked, or otherwise not intact
- Verzenio [package insert]. Indianapolis, IN: Eli Lilly and Company; 2020.