Side effects with Verzenio by itself
Most common side effects
- Decreased appetite
- Abdominal pain
- Low white blood cell count (neutropenia)
- Low red blood cell count (anemia)
- Low platelet count (thrombocytopenia)
Tell your doctor if you have any side effect that bothers you or that does not go away. These are not all the possible side effects of Verzenio. For more information, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
In a study of Verzenio taken alone, it was common for patients to experience diarrhea that was sometimes severe. In some cases, it led to dehydration or infection. Diarrhea was greatest during the first month and then decreased.
- The median time to first symptoms was about a week (the median duration of moderate and more significant diarrhea was 7.5 days and 4.5 days, respectively). However, some patients experienced this earlier or later in therapy
- The diarrhea was managed by their doctor with an anti-diarrhea medicine, like loperamide (sometimes sold under the brand name Imodium®), and/or by reducing the dose.* One patient stopped participating in the trial due to diarrhea. You should call your doctor right away if your diarrhea does not go away or gets worse
You may also report side effects to Eli Lilly and Company at 1‑800‑545‑5979.
Will my hair fall out with Verzenio?
- In a clinical study of patients with HR+, HER2− metastatic breast cancer, 132 patients who progressed on or after prior hormone treatments, a taxane, and 1 or 2 chemotherapy regimens in the metastatic setting received Verzenio by itself
- In the same study, 12% of patients who received Verzenio by itself experienced hair thinning or loss