Side effects with Verzenio + AI
Most common side effects
- Low white blood cell count (leukopenia/neutropenia)
- Low red blood cell count (anemia)
- Hair loss or thinning (alopecia)
- Decreased appetite
- Abdominal pain
Tell your doctor if you have any side effect that bothers you or that does not go away. These are not all the possible side effects of Verzenio. For more information, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
In a study of Verzenio taken with an AI, it was common for women to experience diarrhea, which was sometimes severe. In some cases, diarrhea led to dehydration or infection. Diarrhea was greatest during the first month and then decreased.
- The median time to first symptoms was 8 days. The median duration for moderate and more significant diarrhea was 11 days and 8 days, respectively. However, some patients experienced this earlier or later in therapy
- The diarrhea was managed by their doctor with an anti-diarrhea medicine (for example, loperamide, which is sometimes sold under the brand name Imodium®) and/or by reducing the dose*
You may also report side effects to Eli Lilly and Company at 1‑800‑545‑5979.
Will my hair fall out with Verzenio?
- In a clinical study of patients with HR+, HER2− metastatic breast cancer, 328 patients with no prior system therapy for metastatic breast cancer received Verzenio + an AI
- In the same study, 27% of patients who received Verzenio + an AI experienced hair thinning or loss